Wednesday 8 January 2014

Nearly completed all my tasks



FENCING 
I believed that fencing was a sport for the elite upper class, but I was pleasantly surprised. I actually really enjoyed it, it was fun, fast paced and a good work out. The suit itself was quite heavy and got pretty hot. Whilst wearing it I felt a bit like a bee keeper, but I’d definitely like to do it again. You’d be surprised at the types of people that fence, from 10 year old children to a man in his 70s, it really is a sport for everyone.

FALCONRY 
Can I just say I am actually frightened of all forms of animals, birds etc, so I have NOOOO idea why I put this on my list! I held two birds of Prey and it was scary. I fed them fresh chicken on the bone and they ate the whole lot! The birds were heavy and not the best looking birds ever. It definitely was an experience.

PAINTBALLING
Now, before I went paintballing I was aware that when the balls hit you it can be quite painful and indeed it was. I became quite competitive and won the game. I wouldn’t do it again though as I’d prefer not to have so many bruises on my body! I played in a group and it’s a great way of meeting people and making new friends. It did feel a bit James Bond like.

WALL CLIMBING
I LOVED this and will definitely do it again. Initially I was scared to go up to the top of the walls, as they were really high. However, once you climb one wall, you want to do them all. It was so much fun going to the top and looking at your accomplishment. It’s a bit like life, you think you can’t do things, but then when you reach your goal you should look back at how far you’ve come.

No comments:

Post a Comment